Search

Polygon Wood Cemetery

Polygon Wood CemeteryDuring the First World War, the cemetery started out as a German cemetery ‘Polygon Field’. When the Australian troops took the area, the British subsequently decided to construct their own cemetery. The cemeteries were constructed after the war; the British section followed a design by Charles Holden. The German section was partly excavated in 1955, only the grave of the German Hans Bogner remains. More information Commonwealth War Graves Commission.